Jihad Jane is Colleen LaRose, also known as “Fatima LaRose”. A muslim convert was arrested in Philadelphia by the FBI on Oct. 15.
Jane stands accused of recruiting men on the Internet “to wage violent jihad in South Asia and Europe,” and recruiting women “who had passports and the ability to travel to and around Europe in support of violent jihad.
A statement from the U.S. Attorney for Eastern Pennsylvania says that the LaRose indictment alleges that she “received a direct order to kill a citizen and resident of Sweden, and to do so in a way that would frighten ‘the whole Kufar (nonbeliever) world.’
Jihad Jane case is connected to the arrest in Ireland yesterday of seven people accused of plotting to kill Swedish artist Lars Vilks because he drew a cartoon that depicts the prophet Mohammed‘s head on the body of a dog.
Related articles by Zemanta
- ‘Jihad Jane’ faces terror charges (guardian.co.uk)
- ‘Jihad Jane’ Charged Over Europe Terror Plot (news.sky.com)
- “Jihad Jane” Indicted (brainz.org)
- Woman is linked to terrorist plot (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Jihad Jane, Colleen LaRose, Recruited Terrorists And Plotted Murder, Cops Say (huffingtonpost.com)
- U.S.: Woman in Pennsylvania tried to recruit terrorists (cnn.com)
- US ‘Jihad Jane’ charged with planning terror attacks in Europe (telegraph.co.uk)