It was not Michael Steele. The RNC still spent around $2000 in an exotic club last month.
The kinky costs come at a time when Steele is already under fire from many within the GOP for his spending behavior.
- Steele held this year’s four-day winter meeting at a beachfront hotel in Hawaii, although it often takes place in Washington.
- Steele also has received substantial fees for making speeches, even though the RNC pays him a full-time salary
- Steele spent more than $18,000 to redecorate his office.
Steele’s supporters say he has brought a refreshing frankness and energy to the party’s leadership. Didn’t I tell you, Steele is stainless, you can’t scratch, Steele is steel, you can’t break!
Moral of the story
“The true hypocrite is the one who ceases to perceive his deception, the one who lies with sincerity” Andre Gide quotes (French writer, humanist and moralist, 1947 nobel prize for literature, 1869-1951)
Related articles by Zemanta
- GOP Air: Michael Steele wanted a private jet for the RNC (americablog.com)
- Michael Steele makes it rain (trueslant.com)